Lake District Mountain Weather Forecast

Get the latest Lake District mountain forecast right here – updated automatically everyday straight from the MET Office. Here you can browse current mountain weather conditions and then a detailed forecast for the week ahead. The weather can change pretty rapidly in the Lake District and especially once you gain some altitude – bookmark this page so you don’t get caught out by the weather!

Todays Weather warnings

Poor Visibility

Low Likelihood risk

Blizzards

No weather warnings in effect

Heavy Snow

No weather warnings in effect

Storm Force Winds

No weather warnings in effect

Gales

No weather warnings in effect

Severe Chill Effect

No weather warnings in effect

Thunderstorms

No weather warnings in effect

Heavy Persistent Rain

No weather warnings in effect

Strong Sunlight

No weather warnings in effect

Today: Thursday 15 November

Staying dry but mainly cloudy.

A largely cloudy day but mainly dry, there may be some drizzle first thing on more exposed southern slopes like the Old Man of Coniston. Some brighter spells more especially in the north around Skiddaw and Bassenthwaite, these are more likely in the afternoon. Further south around Windermere it is likely to remain dull for most of the day. Remaining cloudy into the evening.

High confidence for settled, mainly dry conditions and becoming colder over the weekend, lower confidence for cloud amounts and where the best cloud breaks will be.

Visibility

Visibility will generally be good below any low cloud with views of 10km or more.

Cloud Free Hill Top

Hill fog will be quite extensive at times in the southern Lakes but there will be more cloud free tops in the north. In the south 40% chance of cloud free tops with the main cloud base around 700m. In the north 60% chance of cloud free tops with the base around 800-1000m.

View

Nothing to add.

Ground conditions

No recent ground conditions report available.

00:00 - 03:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

03:00 - 06:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

06:00 - 09:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

09:00 - 12:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

12:00 - 15:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

15:00 - 18:00

Precipitation probability:

<05%

18:00 - 21:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

21:00 - 24:00

Precipitation probability:

10%

Tomorrow: Friday

A dry day with good periods of sunshine, cloud will break up and clear in most places, perhaps lingering for longer around the southern Lakes. Remaining mostly clear into the evening with the chance of a touch of frost.

Visibility

Very good visibility around the Lake District for most of the day with views of 20km or more.

Hill Fog

70% in the morning with some of the southern peaks having some cloud around the tops becoming 95% in the afternoon.

Max wind

Southeasterly 15-20mph with gusts 25-30mph.

Temperature

Valleys - Plus 9 falling to plus 3 celsius in the evening.

800m - Plus 5 falling to plus 1 celsius in the evening.

Freezing level - Above Summits.

Saturday

Any early cloud will break to give a clear day with long sunny spells. Moderate easterly breeze, feeling cooler than recent days.

Sunday

A cloudy day with some bright spells in the afternoon particularly in the west of the Lake District, mainly dry. Light easterly winds.

Monday

Cloudy with some sunny intervals, again the best of these will be in the west. Chilly easterly breeze.

Issued: Thursday 15th of November 2018 05:09:46 PM